>("file2.pdf" being the real version 2 art. "file 2.pdf" being the
>version 1 art that PowerMail renamed and added a "2")
>
>So far, we haven't had an order go out wrong, but there has been some
>confusion because of this renaming of files.

Having to deal also with many revisions of files, I would never, never,
never rely on either the finder or powermail or any application to name
the later, duplicate files correctly with only a number to be later
understood by all and everyone. But I would make sure that there is
something descriptive in the file name like REV and a number.

So it would be "fileREV1.pdf" or just plain "fileR1.pdf" so I could even
write "file R1.pdf" and if the finder or any other application wants to
add a 1 because there is already such a file it would become "fileR1
1.pdf" and worst senario would be "fileR11.pdf which is quite horrid if
you do indeed have 11 versions but it then should automatically skip 11
and go to 111.

But to even avoid such an option I would stick with something like
"file1R.pdf" and "file2R.pdf" so all added numbers would be clearly
distinguishable between Revision/Version number and duplicates in the
same location, e.g. "file2R3.pdf" or "file2R 3.pdf".

Hope this all makes at least somewhat sense.

---marlyse