Andy Fragen said:

>I've never tried it but as PM allows for scripts to be criteria for
>filters I suppose a script could be created that evaluated the message
>and passed along some other newly found parameter to another filter
>script or a different part of the same script. Eventually though it has
>to evaluate to true or false.

Yes, but my aim was to manipulate the filter settings themselves, like
adding or editing conditions. I'm sorry if that was unclear.
Even if it was content I wanted to evaluate , replacing filter
functionality with scripting seems to be the wrong way to go, unless for
speciality purposes. What if I give it to someone else and I want to
update the conditions? Unwieldy.

That said, I did write a script to be able to search among the headers. I
didn't write an interface for it though.

PM 5.2.3 Swedish | OS X 10.3.9 | Powerbook G4/400Mhz | 1GB RAM | 30GB HD