On Fri, Feb 24, 2006, Mikael Byström said:

>Andy Fragen said:
>
>>The same way that I have incoming mail filtered into different folders
>>in PM; I have an additional filter action that moves the attachments
>>into a different subfolder of Attachments.
>
>And if another message that goes to a particular folder has the same name
>as one prior to that you just keep making folders? Perhaps even folders
>in folders in folders and so on? That seems not like a fully satisfiable
>solution. Perhaps there is no better at the moment though.

No, I don't really have more than one level of nested folders in the
Attachments folder. Yes, I do run into this renaming problem.

>I would like folders in Attachments to be identical to the folders inside
>PowerMail. But that's for making it easier to navigate the Attachments
>folder, not fixing the naming problem which really is a filesystem level
>problem.

You can manually create those Finder folders within Attachments to
correspond to you PM folders, but as you have correctly pointed out,
it's the file system that is renaming duplicates.

--
Andy Fragen