Well, I've narrowed it down to a particular mail folder, and Karel's
suggestion of exporting that folder as individual messages and running
them through ClamXav is a very good one -- except that I can't see a way
to export each message as a separate file, only ways to export all
selected messages as a single mailbox (of different formats) or as a
tabulated text file. Either way I get one file, which won't help me
pinpoint the offending message. Am I missing something obvious here? (I
so often am...)

Rick

--
G5 2GHz x2  ::  2GB RAM  ::  10.4.3  ::  PM 5.2.3  ::  3 pane mode

Shark Attack: A Design Studio
<www.sharkattack.co.uk>