Rein,

this might be a problem of the printer driver or a conflict between the
printer driver and another extension of your system.

Try installing the last version of the printer driver for classic.
Disable all System Extensions and enable them step by step.

I checked a printer forum and couldn't find any problem reports about
Stylus Color 600 and OS 9.x

All the best

Matthias

schmidt-systemdevelopment