Nancy Creighton / 04.12.23 / 8:41PM wrote:

>I've been using, and am using now, PM 4.1 on my G4 Powerbook. I just
>bought a G5 iMac. At the time I bought it, I skipped the instructions for
>moving files from my old computer to my new one via firewire.

Good move.  There are many reports 'transfer' is more trouble than convenient.

>I bought the upgrade for PM5, but hadn't installed it yet, so installed
>it on my new computer, moved files over and got that to work.

I am pretty confused with this.  So, on your new iMac, which version of
PM is installed?

>Now, two weeks later, I was ready to move the applications from my laptop
>to the G5 via firewire. So I finally did that.

Copying application without knowing associated Application Support files
and pref files is not a good idea.  Reinstall from scratch is much safer,
and saves time down the road.

>Now, PM won't work at all. It tries to start and quits before it starts.

Do you see "application unexpectedly quit" message?

--

- Hiro

[PROTECTED]
<[PROTECTED]> <[PROTECTED]>