I am still getting frequent messages to rebuild my search index and every
time I quit and reopen PM v 5.0.2, even though I have done it several times.

I'm still using Mac OS 10.2.8 - but ALL the sounds I can find have been
disabled for over 2 weeks.

Is there a preference file I can try trashing? If so, what is it called?

Also PM sometimes either "quits unexpectedly" or my computer freezes
after downloading my mail.

If the freezing occurs when I am away from my desk, the screensaver might
kick in and then won't go away. I have to do a hard computer shut down
and restart. I'm not yet entirely convinced though that this freezing is
caused by PM because it sometimes happens when PM is loaded but not being
used. Has anyone else experienced it?

Thanks,
Frank

-- Frank Mitchell, Scottsdale, Arizona