Hi there,

Jerome's suggestions appear to have fixed my major problems with
PowerMail stability under 10.2.8.  However, one remains.  My system, for
some unknown reason, occasionally crashes and shuts down when left
unattended.  It doesn't happen very often, but when it does PowerMail
almost always boots up with something corrupted.  Today this happened and
the Search Index was corrupted and is currently (slowly) rebuilding.

I have no idea what is causing the crashes.  Nothing is showing up in the
logs except in the DirectoryService.error.log:

" Can't unregister node ~BSD Configuration Files~Local since not registered"

There are tons of these errors so I don't think this is directly related
to the crashes.  But whatever the case is, my system is idle, PowerMail
is idle, and only one or two idle applications are open (IE, SpamSeive,
Excalibur).  So why do I have PowerMail corruption problems so consistently?

Steve