Olaf,

recently I had a simular situation. It's the vm file for the virtual memory.
Some programs don't manage memory well, in my case it was the camera software.
Quitting the program solved the problem.
I also suspected Powermail having a memory leak, but meanwhile I think I
was wrong.

All the best

Matthias

schmidt-systemdevelopment