On 02 6 2004 at 5:21 am -0400, Hands On (SW sub) wrote:

>Is there a way to extract the old Send icon from PM4?, or from any other
>application for that matter?

Not sure, I don't have a copy of PM 4 kicking around at the moment, but
if it is a bundle-format application you could right-click it and choose
"Show package contents" and go exploring.

>What is the graphics format that is used for internal program icons?
>Anyone have some URLs or other references for creating such icons?

Most if not all seem to be .icns file format... the developer tools that
ship with Mac OS X provide a couple of tools for manipulating them (icns
Browser and Icon Composer).

>Thanks for the key commands tip, I hadn't noticed this feature in OSX.
>However, one oddity, it seems that PowerMail is not showing up in the
>list of Applications when I try to choose a specific app for the key
commands.

Hmm, you're right... it's not for me, either.  I set up a cmd-shift-P for
Page Setup the other day, but as a global setting, so I didn't notice
that PM was missing from the specific apps list.

-b

--
Ben Kennedy, chief magician
zygoat creative technical services