On 3/30/04, A-NO-NE declared:

>This is a Quartz Extreme field boundary issue.  You should see it on many
>other places.  After entering an address, just highlight the actual
>address.  You should see it.  It has been like that since OSX as far as I
>remember.  Do a Google, enter something to the search field (not Safari
>google) and highlight it.  You will see.

This is rather interesting. I don't see the "fractured highlighting" in
the Google search field, when viewed in Mozilla, but when I highlight the
Name and Address fields on a new email message, the Address has this
narrow white border around the letters. Interestingly (at least to a few
of us) the text in the Name field does not have the same effect, but
rather looks like normal highlighted text.

---Jay