If you are looking for the icon for an attachment at the bottom of the
preview pane, there is a setting under Display that controls whether the
icon is visible.  At least in the Classic OS, the setting doesn't 'take'
until I toggle to another view mode and back.

     Don V. Zahniser
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Composed on Powerbook 1400cs, 117MHz, 64MB RAM, Mac OS 8.6