We had this discussion before.
I can't use network solution.

PM uses quite high page memory.  This is even worse on my TiBook compared
to desktop machine.  In my line of work, digital audio editing, this
TiBook page memory insufficiency is a known issue, and it seems PM is
hitting the same spot.

Anyway, when PM checks mail, I have 13 email accounts, PM takes CPU
hostage.  This becomes a huge problem if the machine PM db is on is doing
audio work.

I used to be able to leave PM database on my Mandrake Linux server, but
starting OSX10.2.3 PM started to screw up on server side db, something
became incompatible with Netatalk.  I was hoping Jerome would look into
this problem, but I guess demand was too small.

Also the network solution won't work when I am out of my studio, of
course.  Most of my clients has AirPort at location so I often check
emails at the site.  My solution is to carry 2.5" FW drive.  Bulky, but
it works.  My PM folder is now bigger than 1 GB so USB RAM stick is too
expensive for this size.

--

- Hiro

[PROTECTED] <[PROTECTED]>