the one thing you haven't done yet (usually I'd do the following even
before trashing preference files) is to use PM's build-in first aid kit:

launch PM while holding down the command+option key --> a dialog box
opens. take it from there (I suggest verify consistency, rebuild... along
these lines).

---marlyse

--------------- former message(s) quotes: ----------------