On Thu, Oct 09, 2003, Max Gossell [EMAIL PROTECTED], invoked powers
within the internet realm, to proclaim ...

>They are. Not to mention the bar itself. I've been nagging about this
>before - the bar should of of course be attached to the window itself
>(just like i.e. Mail.app) together with the small top right button option
>to toggle the bar on/off.
>
>I find this floating bar tremendously irritating, and as I am a "button
>user" I can't turn it off. Even if there is a parallell OSX/OS9
>development, I can't see any reason why the OSX version must look like
>past times.
>
>From a sales point of view I also believe CTM would benefit from a
>fresher look. If you download an OSX trial version you expect the
>software to look like a modern OSX app. If it look too retro you might
>think the development doesn't catch up with modern times and drop it
>before you even gave it a chance.
>
>Max G
>

>At Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:56:17 +0200 (CET), Per Åström
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Look at the "Connect Again"-button on the toolbar. Isnt it rather OS9-
>>ish? In fact, arent all the buttons retro-looking!
>>
>>/per å

One advantage of PowerMail's retro look is that a simple glance lets me
know that I've switched to the correct application. :)

I tried using the button bars, but found that I just don't like them and
they take up far too much screen real estate for so few buttons. I use
QuicKeys when I want buttons so I can place buttons in the order that
makes sense to me.

I'd much rather have more options in the contextual menus than with the
button bar - and I definitely think that having the buttons attached to
the message or browser window would be a big loss to screen real estate.
For those that don't use the button bars, it would be an annoyance to
have something occupying space when not needed.

From a consumer's point-of-view, I bought PowerMail within the past 6
months with little thought to it's old-style look. I'm much more
concerned about features and functionality and aside from recent episodes
of swearing at the AppleScript stuff and a few other things it usually
meets my needs.

cheshirekat