Wayne Brissette sez:

>Just as an FYI, there are two versions of the PC ZIP format currently
>fighting it out. There was a really good article about the issues and
>problems created by this in a recent CNET article. If I can find the
>article, I'll post the link.

This may be the one you're speaking of, Wayne:

    Is Zip Coming Undone?
    <http://news.com.com/2100-1046_3-5062423.html>

I never use any email program's StuffIt compression, anyway. I've always
stuffed or zipped my files myself before attaching them so I could better
control their form and names, as well as choose the appropriate
compression for whoever I was sending the file to. I did this even when I
was a Claris Emailer user. As long as mac users want StuffIt files and PC
users want Zip files, I'll be doing the same thing, no matter what
changes are made to an email program. Some day it would be nice if my PC
clients just listened to me and loaded StuffIt Expander on their systems
(it's free) so they could handle everything, but everyone acts like it's
such a bother. So, I continue having to be the one bothering. :)

</rant off> :)

--
Michael Lewis
Off Balance Productions