On 6/15/03 9:38 AM, "Jefferis Peterson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried to set up a new ID by restoring the ~/Library/powermail prefs BUT
> removing the User prefs from my ~/Documents/PM 3 folder [my current
> database] and tried to import  the mail and address databases into it, but
> it says a file is locked or I don't have permission to open it. I checked
> all permissions with Batchmod and all are owner Read/Write/Execute and no
> file is locked, but still can't import the files.

Let me rephrase this to make it understandable.
I restored my PM preferences in my user library, I then  removed my user
preferences inside my PM database folder, which allowed me to open PM again,
but all my data is not accessible. I tried to import my old data but the
error says that the files are locked or I don't have permission to open
them. So... Unless I can undo the midstream IMAP crash that locked the
mailboxes, I have lost all my files. I even dumped the IMAP indexes, but
that didn't help.

Jeff
Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
Web Design and Marketing