--==_20060728155047.11102-1_==

On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, at 10:08 PM, Marlyse Comte wrote:

> this in reference to the first posting, if I remember correct, the
> file was giving you problems there.
>
> apart of that, you definitely need to check out your drive, fix it,
> permissions etc. and might even need to clean re-install if nothing
> else
> fixes those problems you've described :(
>
> ---marlyse
>
>> delete the index file and re-index from scratch. might help.

I found my PowerMail Files folder (I can never remember where all the
various PM bits are) and was about to trash the Indexes folder when I
noticed a few text files I had not seen before. There were several temp
files (called "temp00000004" through "temp00000009" and another named
"CTSTATUS.FCS") all with a modification date/time around the last time
I had tried the low level rebuild options.

The temp files had several entries along these lines:
-----
Duplicate key(s) found for Message Database!MsgIdx.dat, keyno=3:
key value rejected for recpos=233480830 (deaa27ex)
        00 00 00 01    ....

key value rejected for recpos=233709508 (dee1fc4x)
        00 00 00 02    ....
------

The CTSTATUS file went a little like this:
------
Tue Jun 10 22:58:51 2003
  - User# 01    1 duplicate key(s) and/or bad serial number(s) rejected...
Tue Jun 10 22:58:51 2003
  - User# 01    Message Database!TrayIdx.dat
Tue Jun 10 22:58:51 2003
  - User# 01    temp00000007
-------

I did a search and found a duplicate key in my user/LIbrary/Preferences
folder. I deleted both that and the temp files, started PM with the
command-option keys, and ran all four options.
Strangely enough, PM opened without problem. I downloaded a batch of
messages, PM deleted them from the server...and then quit while
indexing.  Well, at least the program is opening; the sudden quits I'll
probably  have to deal with on the system level.

Has anyone else seen these files in their folder or do you know if I
can safely delete the CTSTATUS.FCS file?

Thanks for all the other suggestions along the way.
Mark
----
<http://www.gerberstudio.com>
B&W G3 (Yosemite) w/OWC G4 500
OS 10.2.4
PM 4.1.3

--==_20060728155047.11102-1_==

this in reference to the first posting, if I remember correct, the index