>Mark Gerber on 6/10/03 said
>
>>Earlier today, PM 4.1.3 suddenly quit--a problem I've been having with
>>most of my apps lately along with far too many kernel panics. When I
>>restart PM, it tries to rebuild the sort indices and then quits about
>>one minute before completion with the error message above.
>
>Well, I see you are on OS 10.2.4. And kernel panics mean something wrong
>with more than PowerMail. May I suggest 10.2.5, which is a free upgrade
>for download but ALSO has a CD which you can buy. It is a huge download
>so don't try it on dial up. I sent for the CD and it was well worth it. A
>WHOLE BUNCH of bugs are out of it.

It is recommended by many to only use Combo updaters also when doing
incremental updating, as some people discovered that they were not
affected by certain problems affecting a smaller percentage of users,
when they had used Combo updaters. This means the update is bigger of
course and should be downloaded on a steady connection or ordered on CD.

I had problems with the "blue screen of sudden quit an restart all apps"
in 10.2.6, so I went back to 10.2.5. It may have been my system though.