Rick Lecoat wrote:

>Yesterday I got a corrupted message in my pop account that PM couldn't
>download properly;
>Being a level-headed chap I downloaded Mail Siphon and remotely deleted
>the message on the POP server.

When a problem like this happens, you can of course delete the message
from the POP server using Mail Siphon, or a webmail access, but if you
want to report the problem to CTM so we can fix it, the best thing is,
before deleting the message, to retrieve it with Apple's Mail, then copy
it's raw source (menu message/show), paste it in a text file and send the
text file to me, with a report explaining what is happening.

>However: during the failed download attempts, another symptom showed up;
>two folders have become enboldened without having any visible unread
>messages inside them. I've tried a database rebuild, both basic and
>low level

Have you tried to rebuild the sort indices? Or have you only compacted
and done a low level rebuild?

Jérôme - PowerMail Engineering

   "Excellent full-featured programme with top-notch support from the
    developers (even for bonehead queries). by far the best of many
    Email progs I've tried."
  PowerMail user comment from www.versiontracker.com

         Download a demo version from http://www.ctmdev.com