Neil Lee [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 3/16/03 at 14:30 stated:

>>I saw a mention about priorities earlier and was wondering how if at all
>>that might work.  Can we set urgent (the only one worthwhile anyway) at all?
>
>The two headings required for priorities and return receipts are:
>
>Mail Priority:
>
>Return Receipt:
>Disposition-Notification-To: Name of Sendeer [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>I'm not an Applescript guru (Wayne? CTM?), but I'm guessing that if
>there's any way to add and set these headings via Applescript, that would
>be the easiest route.

The easiest route is what I mentioned a few months back and was reposted
recently (Thanks Tim).... Here it is again:

Subject: Re: Mail priorites
From: "Wayne Brissette" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 14:45:09 -0600

Zach Selland [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 20 December 2002 stated:

>On Fri, Dec 20, 2002, Wayne Brissette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>I won't get into the merits or non-merits of priorities, but will suggest
>>that you contact CTM Development directly and ask them about this feature
>>request.
>
>It should be noted, also, that with version 4 there is now an option
>(under Accounts) to add user-specified headers to outgoing mail. While
>this isn't terribly realistic for setting various priorities for outgoing
>mail, perhaps it can be applescripted?
>
>Thanks,
>Zach

Hey, now this isn't such a bad idea. AppleScripts to do this aren't the
best idea, but you could make this work.

To make this work, you would have to do the following:

Make 5 accounts

Account_Highest
Account_High
Account_Normal (or just Account)
Account_Low
Account_Lowest

These accounts would be identical except for one part. In the Account
area in the Advanced: area you would have to put the following:

Set Account_Highest's Other Headers to --> "X-Priority: 1"  (minus the quotes)
Set Account_High's Other Headers to --> "X-Priority: 2"  (minus the quotes)
Set Account_Normal's Other Headers to --> "X-Priority: 3"  (minus the
quotes -- or leave off all together)
Set Account_Low's Other Headers to --> "X-Priority: 4"  (minus the quotes)
Set Account_Lowest's Other Headers to --> "X-Priority: 5"  (minus the quotes)

Then you would need to setup incomming filters that would do something
based on the priorities (change items color, put into certain folder, etc.)

Now when somebody wanted to send a high priority message, they would
simply use the pull-down to change the account. This wouldn't be any more
difficult than Microsoft has made setting labels in their products.

Wayne

--
sans la Musique la Vie serait une Erreur
Without music, life would be a serious mistake.

Live DAT & Music Page: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/
PowerMail AppleScript Archives: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/powermail.html

Music Currently playing: