Paolo Russo [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 3/16/03 at 12:48 stated:

>Thanks for the answers.
>
>I begin to suspect that PowerMail has not this feature that other clients
>have (Eudora, Musashi, Entourage...).
>I don't know if CTMDEV folks follow this list, but I can say that the
>lack of this feature will prevent my enterprise from making PowerMail our
>default e-mail client (though it will not prevent me from using it with
>satisfaction). In a business environment it is mandatory (or simply
>useful) to have the certainty of the reception of your messages sometimes.
>Certified mail services will do it in time, but meanwhile "return
>receipts" are the best widely available solution.
>
>Anyway...

But you're missing the point. Unless you are on a proprietary email
system, all return receipt does in every internet email client I've seen
is tell you when the server collected the message from you. NOT when the
recipient pulled it off his server or read it. In fact, it's still
possible that the recipient never gets it. So, by having a return receipt
on internet mail is totally worthless. Now, if you are on a proprietary
mail system (which includes MS mail servers) this is not the case and it
does mean something, but since you're obviously on a Mac this isn't the
case either.

Wayne

--
Music is spiritual. The music business is not.
- Van Morrison

Live DAT & Music Page: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/
PowerMail AppleScript Archives: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/powermail.html

Music Currently playing: