CTM info ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) on 2006-10-25 10:12 said:

>Try displaying the Online Status column in the View Options... dialog for
>the In Tray. Does this display that the message you want to download is
>still on the server ? If not for whatever reason, you would indeed be
>stuck with a broken envelope.

It happened again today (message with 1/2 broken envelope icon).  So I
turned on the 'online status' and it showed that the message _is_ on the
server.  So then I do 'retrieve now', but nothing happens.  And now it
shows that the message is NOT on the server.

BTW, this happened at work, on a different machine, different ISP,
different POP/SMTP servers.

This has never happened before, and now has happened on 2 machines.

--
"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin