subhash,

I'm not sure what you're asking.

If the question is "why is there a 2 gig limit?" my guess is that the
answer lies in the compiler or codebase that ctm uses; you'd have to ask
them, but a 2 gig limit was a filesize limit for Mac OS for many years,
and some apps that date back to pre-OS X still have code that lingers
and prevents passing that limit.

If the question is "why do you keep all that email?" that becomes a
personal question of how each person organizes their personal and
business life, work habits, preferences, and the like. Some people keep
nothing; some keep everything. I happen to be one of those who likes to
keep all email as a record to go back to; I find it very useful to go
back through a client conversation to remember what was said 6 months
ago about some issue or topic.

Not everyone would want to work this way. The thing is that there are
lots of us who do, and for us, 2 gigs is a problem. For myself, my
database is about 1.5 gigs, and that doesn't make me comfortable to be
that close to the edge for an app that is the lifeblood of my business
existence.

HTH,

Steve

On 1/30/07 at 7:50 PM, computer artwork by subhash ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:

>>the 2 gig limit
>
>I do not understand you people having problems with this limitation.
>What is so important to keep 2 GB of it?

Steve Abrahamson
Ascending Technologies
FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
        http://www.asctech.com