On Mar 17, 2007, at 1:37 PM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

I think I am getting somewhere.  I am running on JP locale, and my
SpamSieve pref doesn't have "Use Mac OSX Address Book" option. Instead,
I have "Use Address Book".  I assumed it was using PM's address book,
which I do have my own address, but I never had my own address in Mac
OSX Address Book.  Is this the cause of my problem?

Perhaps, although if your address wasn't in the Mac OS X address book, then SpamSieve wouldn't have been classifying any messages as good because of that address.

You should find the "Predicted: Good" entries in SpamSieve's log for "SomeoneElse'sName <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" and see why it thought those messages were good.

It's also possible that you won't find any "Predicted: Good" entries for those messages, in which case the messages were accepted because of a criterion in one of your PowerMail filters, not because of SpamSieve.

Now the question is, if I disengage "Use Address Book" option, what
would happen? I don't have much contents in Mac OSX Address Book as to
be used for email.

Probably not much, in that case.

--
Michael Tsai                                 <http://c-command.com>