>Am/On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 07:22:04 -0500 schrieb/wrote MLJames:
>
>>I downloaded the 30 day trial of PowerMail. I successfully imported
>>addresses but I am confused about importing messages.
>>
>>The manual states"
>>
>>1. Using PowerMail's Apple Event based direct import facility: This the
>>most obvious method to import messages: the PowerMail team spent over
>>five weeks writing and tuning this code; Select Import in the File /
>>Database submenu, then choose "Migration from Claris Emailer". Click the
>>right arrow button, and select your Emailer application. Unlike other
>>import methods, you will not be prompted to select a file to import but a
>>Claris Emailer application instead that will be used to extract the data.
>>PowerMail attempts to locate this application automatically, but you may
>>have to select it yourself if you have more than one copy installed. Be
>>sure to select a copy of Emailer version 2.0v3 and not version 1.1, since
>>the latter is unable to export. When this is done, click the "Go Ahead"
>>button."
>>

>>I do not see the "Migration from Claris Emailer" option in the pop up
>>menu.   Why not?
>
>if memory serves me right, this option was abandoned with v5.
>So you might want to try v4 or 3, which imho still can be downloaded.
>Once you created your PowerMail database you can update to the current
>version.
>
>Thanks and all the best
>
>Matthias

I downloaded version 3 and you were right, it does give you the
"Migration from Claris Emailer" option. I tried importing and after 19
messages, the application quit. I tried importing again, and the option
no longer appeared. I trashe all my powermail applications and
preferences ( I think I trashed them all unless there exists something
that does not have "powermail" or "pm" in it( and doenloaded version 3
again. I trashed everything again, donloaded version 4 and still no
option. The option is no longer there. Hmmm. Any ideas?

Mary Lou