Lecoat wrote:

>Which rather brings us back, full circle, to the point I made a couple
>of weeks ago: that I find an automated and regular backup strategy is
>made difficult by Powermail,

I respectfully disagree.

First, my experience with SuperDuper is different from yours. It
automatically backs up my disk drive while PowerMail is running. I have
no problems restoring my mail.

Second, your discomfort was amplified by the introduction of Time
Machine, not by PowerMail. Time Machine is an application designed to
eat up your disk space quickly. It continually makes copy after copy of
very large files such as FileMaker solutions, Final Cut Pro render
files, mail databases, etc.

There are many files on our computers that are large, change
incrementally, and cause Time Machine to create a whole new
multimegabyte copy. If you change a phone number in a FileMaker contacts
file, the entire 1GB file will be copied yet again by Time Machine.
Should FileMaker split up my record entries into separate files?

I could be wrong, but in my opinion, this is an Apple issue.

RH