From MB [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2007-11-13 14.18 (+0100 GMT)

>typed accented characters in the native PowerMail addressbook doesn't
>show up in the displayed name. This also extends to the header of sent
>messages, so it's not just a cosmetic problem. Umlauts do work, however.

I can also confirm this misbehaviour.

Earlier versions of PowerMail didn't have this problem. My PowerMail
Address book contains several accented names I _typed_ in (using those
earlier versions) and those names still display correctly.

This version (5.5.3) does have the aforementioned problem.

Damienn

2 GHz Intel Core Duo iMac / OS X Tiger 10.4.9 / PowerMail 5.5.3