Dave N wrote:

>Look at the difference between the 2 programs viewing the SAME EXACT EMAIL.
>PowerMail shows me a totally blank message with a html attachment, with
>no provision for viewing the message. It's just blank. Lame.
>
>AppleMail shows me the message so I can read it. Obviously this is possible.

Yes, PowerMail has some limitations when displaying complex messages,
which contain mixed HTML and plain text parts, or multiple HTML parts.
These limitations are not easy to fix: this would require modifying how
messages are saved in PowerMail's database, and combining multiple parts
in a single HTML view can produce unexpected results, depending on how
the HTML parts are designed. We chose to handle these messages as if the
HTML parts were attachments, so you can display them individually in the
web browser. Also, although these messages are valid regarding the MIME
standard, it is normally the job of the sending email client to format
complex messages in a unique HTML part, rather than the receiving email
client to handle multiple HTML or HTML+text parts.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

   "FABULOUS PRODUCT ! Wonderful ! A real Spotlight Killer !
    I'm now able to locate content in documents that I KNEW was there but
    Spotlight couldn't find. FoxTrot Personal Search is far more efficient
    and displays a preview of the file when you hiighlight it."
  Janie Angus, Nevada

         Download a demo version from www.foxtrot.ch