PowerMail Engineering ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) on 6/20/08 8:56 AM said:

>Sean McBride wrote:
>
>>Well, I sorta agree.  It's hard to compete with Apple since they make
>>the OS too.  But email is an essential feature and Mac OS should come
>>with a mail client.  But CTM is to blame too, they haven't been keeping
>>PM up to date.  It still doesn't even have sheets, a feature added in
>>Mac OS X 10.0, 8 years ago.
>
>Keeping an application up to date with Mac OS is not trivial, you know.

Agreed... (BTW, I also maintain a PowerPlant application at my day job...)

So while I sympathise with your situation, it's still disturbing.  Let's
look at history:

PowerMail 5.6 was released in December 2007, its new features were all
search-related (no doubt code from FoxTrot).

PowerMail 5.5 was released in October 2006, its main feature was
Universal Binary support.

PowerMail 5.4 and 5.3 did not exist.

PowerMail 5.2 was released in spring 2005 and had some significant
feature additions.

To me, this looks like a product that's not advancing very fast at all....

Can you give us any info about the purported PowerMail 6?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mac Software Designer               Montréal, Québec, Canada