Matthias Schmidt ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Regarding the database, weather people prefer monolithic databases or
> not, it doesn't matter. The current backup technology doesn't prefer
> this structure.
>
> Same thing with priority and some other features. All mail clients do
> support that stuff, PM doesn't ...
>
> PM doesn't define the standards, the major players do, so PM should
> stick with it.

Years ago, I switched to PM because (coming from Claris Emailer) I felt
immediately at home with it. I still do. For a while, I had been forced
to use Outlook, which I despised, and I've tried Apple's Mail, which I
thought was a bit strange. PM is still the mail client I like best. Now
from time to time, there are people complaining about how PM isn't more
like mail client X, Y, or Z. But if I preferred X, Y, or Z, I would have
switched to one of those a long time ago. As it happens, I like the
basic philosophy behind PM. There is certainly room for improvement, no
doubt about that, but basically, PM's just fine. I would hate it to turn
into a replica of one of the competing clients. Diversity is a good
thing, and certainly preferrable to following standards that aren't even
standards.

- Michael

Michael J. Hußmann

E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]