Ever since I upgraded from PowerMail 5 to 6, I have received HTML emails
from one non-profit organization only to see a bunch of Chinese/Japanese
characters appear when viewed in PowerMail.  They worked fine in PowerMail 5.
- When I view the emails in text format, they are readable.
- When I attempt reply to one of the emails when the Chinese/Japanese
characters are visible, an error -8751 appears.
- When I forward one of the emails when the Chinese/Japanese characters
are visible, the Chinese/Japanese characters are in the forwarded email
along with an HTML attachment.  When I open the generated HTML
attachment in Safari, the email is rendered perfectly.

Any clues?  Yes, there obviously is something different about the way
the HTML emails are generated by the sender.  But why would the
generated HTML attachment display fine in Safari and PowerMail can't
display the email content correctly?

Larry
Mac OS 10.6.1
PowerMail 6.0.3