On Sat, Sep 12, 2009, at 5:37 PM, emac compellingly composed,
painstakingly penned, then roundfiled a lyrical masterpiece of an
email.... then hastily scribbled

>Ever since I upgraded from PowerMail 5 to 6, I have received HTML emails
>from one non-profit organization only to see a bunch of Chinese/Japanese
>characters appear when viewed in PowerMail.

me too, sorta. Not asian characters, but other weird stuff. Just in mail
from certain people (I can think of 2 offhand). The text quoted shows up
with various accented and alternative type characters, all spaced
strangely. And it shows in the header (simple header), replacing
'subject,' 'date sent,' etc., with SOME of the characters, intermingled
with blank spaces, like:
Su  e  :
 a  eSe  :
    :
9e  yT  :
T :

A little strange, yes?

                                    Jo

No animals or trees were killed or injured in the sending of this
message. However, a great number of electrons were inconvenienced.