On a related note, I'm reluctant to upgrade from Snow Leopard to Lion, for all
the normal laundry list of excuses, primarily having a rock-solid set up is
nice, and doing a major upgrade is problematic.

I'm currently using PowerMail v6.1 in Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and loving it with my
Apple MobileMe POP account.

With upcoming demise of MobileMe at the end of June, in order to retain my
@mac.com email address, which I've had for over ten years, I'll be forced to
upgrade to "iCloud."  iCloud will not be supporting POP mail, as I understand,
however, I do see an option in PowerMail for IMAP4 accounts.

My question is, if I remain using PowerMail, remain using Snow Leopard, don't
upgrade to Lion, and upgrade to the "iCloud" system will PowerMail continue to
function?  I'm sure I'll have to set up a PowerMail IMAP account, but am leery
as I don't want to affect my [soon to expire in June] MobileMe sync features or
worse loose access to my current MM POP account?

More to the point, is anyone "currently" using iCloud vs. MobileMe, running
Snow Leopard and PowerMail successfully?

Do I need to be aware of any particular issues with my email when I'm forced to
do the iCloud upgrade?

Any ideas, suggestions greatly appreciated,

John