John Maylone wrote:

>This is clearly not the issue.  It asks for her admin password every
>time she opens PowerMail.  The computer is hers alone, no user account
>switching is involved.

Does she accept to type the password, or not? If not, she will be prompted
every time. If yes, then she should not be prompted again.

She might also try to repair disk permissions using Disk Utility.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

   "I've used PowerMail for over 10 years; it is a simple, elegant program
    that has made every necessary upgrade over the years in a nearly
    transparent, flawless form.  It runs cleanly, never hogs resources, and
    does exactly what I tell it to."
  Beth Livingston, PowerMail user

         Download a demo version from www.ctmdev.com