This may be getting closer to a solution.  I can only do this with the PMKey in
the Package Contents, I can find no other PMKey elsewhere on the computer
(except there was one on the desktop which I also deleted).  When I try
deleting this one key and dropping it back onto the PM app icon, nothing
changes, it still wants the admin password each time PM opens.

I don’t know if it’s relevant, but she’s using about a 5 year old iMac with PM
version 6.2.1 build 4668 and OS X 10.10.4

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,

John