From: RG Nur Rahmat [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:08:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Sv: [ppiindia] Re: Mengharamkan Poligami dan Menghalalkan Perzinahan

membatasinya, jadi saya pikir seperti worst case scenario dimana suami masih mencintai
isteri dan keluarganya tapi ingin mempunyai isteri baru, jalan keluarnya ialah
poligami bukan perzinahan.<br>Ini bukan setiap muslim mesti ber-poligami karena
poligami sangat jarang dipraktekkan di dalam keluarga muslim. Seperti yang saya
katakan Islam membatasi jalan ke poligami bukan yang memulai poligami.<br> <br>Tentang
budak, <br>kita mesti tahu apa aturan perlakuan seorang pemilik dengan budaknya dalam
Islam dan anjuran Nabi akan memerdekakan budak, jadi disini bisa dilihat sistemnya
adalah memandirikan bekas budak agar bisa diintegrasikan dalam masyarakat. <br>
During Judaism and Christianity, slavery was at its highest peak in the Middle East.
People were enslaved and they and their children were inherited and passed down to
generations for ever.  This tradition came from Leviticus 25:44-46 in the Bible's Old
Testament, and further continued in the New Testament in 1 Timothy 6:1, 1 Peter 2:18,
acceptable to the society of many different pagan cultures and traditions, the idea of
eliminating slavery became powerful enough that after Prophet Muhammad peace be upon
him died, the freed slaves remained free and none of them was ever enslaved again.
 "The Prophet said, "Give food to the hungry, pay a visit to the sick and release (set
free) the one in captivity (by paying his ransom)."  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari,
Food, Meals, Volume 7, Book 65, Number 286)" <br><br>Tapi memang ini juga dapat
menjadi masalah karena cara pandang seseorang berbeda-beda dengan latar belakang
budaya yang berbeda. Dan, tidak banyak muslim yang begitu paham akan hal ini.
respect slaves and to treat them with kindness.<br><br>Let us look at Noble Verse
2:177 "It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is
righteousness to believe in God and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and
the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for
orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of
slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the
contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and
adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the
God-fearing."  In this Noble Verse, we see that Allah Almighty orders Muslims to spend
from their money and wealth and to give with love and respect the kin, orphans, the
needy, the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for slaves.  Muslims have to help those
who need it in their community.  <br><br>Let us look at Noble Verse 2:221 "Do not
marry unbelieving women (idolaters), until they believe: A slave woman who believes is
better than an unbelieving woman, even though she allures you. Nor marry (your girls)
to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an
unbeliever, even though he allures you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire.
But God beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His
Signs clear to mankind: That they may celebrate His praise."  In this Noble Verse, we
see that Allah Almighty in some cases considers a slave to be better than a free human
being.  Allah Almighty orders Muslims not to marry from the Pagans, and He tells us
that a slave Muslim (who is owned by a non Muslim) is better than a non believer, even
if that non believer was beautiful.<br><br>Let us look at Noble Verse 24:31 "And say
to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that
they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinaril
 y) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not
display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers,
their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their
sisters' sons, or their women, or the  slaves whom their right hands possess, or male
servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of
sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their
hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards God, that ye may
attain Bliss."  In this Noble Verse, we see that Allah Almighty orders the Muslim
women to guard their modesty and not to display their beauty to strangers.  However,
the Muslim women are allowed to<br> display their beauty to their husbands, relatives,
other women, and their slaves.  This Noble Verse clearly shows a full respect to the
slaves by allowing the Muslim women to display their beauty to them.   <br><br>Some
teachings from Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him:<br><br>Abu Huraira reported Allah's
Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: "When the slave of anyone amongst you
prepares food for him and he serves him after having sat close to (and undergoing the
hardship of) heat and smoke, he should make him (the slave) sit along with him and
make him eat (along with him), and if the food seems to run short, then he should
spare some portion for him (from his own share) - (another narrator) Dawud said:" i.
e. a morsel or two". 4097.   (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Oaths (Kitab
Al-Aiman), Book 015, Number 4096)" <br><br>Narrated Al-Ma'rur: "At Ar-Rabadha I met
Abu Dhar who was wearing a cloak, and his slave, too, was wearing a similar one. I
asked about the reason for it. He replied, "I abused a person by calling his mother
with bad names." The Prophet said to me, 'O Abu Dhar! Did you abuse him by calling his
mother with bad names You still have some characteristics of ignorance. Your slaves
are your brothers and Allah has put them under your command. So whoever has a brother
under his command should feed him of what he eats and dress him of what he wears. Do
not ask them (slaves) to do things beyond their capacity (power) and if you do so,
then help them.'  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Belief, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 29)"
for his (Muslim) brother [this includes slaves, since a slave is considered a brother
as shown above] what he likes for himself.'  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Belief,
Volume 1, Book 2, Number 12)" <br><br>Narrated Abu Musa: "Some people asked Allah's
Apostle, 'Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a  very good Muslim)?' He replied,
'One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands.'  (Translation of Sahih
Bukhari, Belief, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 10)" <br><br>Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: "A
man asked the Prophet, 'What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?' The
Prophet replied, 'To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you
do not Know.'  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Belief, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 11)"
slaves is because when Islam was still weak and growing, the Arab Pagans' tribes used
to launch continuous attacks on the Muslims to destroy Islam once and for all.
Muslims had entered many bloody and vicious battles against the non believers which
had cost both sides many lives from the men.  When the Muslims used to enter a city
after defeating its army, they would face a new dilemma.  They often meet hundreds of
non believing women and young children and elderly left without any support because
their men had died in the battle field.<br><br>For this reason, Allah Almighty allowed
for the Muslims to take those people as slaves to help them survive.  Keep in mind
that during that time, the Muslims didn't have an Islamic government and welfare
system to take care of the orphans a
 nd widows from the non believers.  The Muslims had to take care of them from their
own means.  <br><br>Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him ordered the Muslims to be very
sensitive to their slaves.  He ordered the Muslims to buy the slave young boys and
girls the same quality of clothes and gifts that they would buy for their children.
He also ordered Muslims not to hit or be violent to adult slaves.  He ordered Muslims
to be loving and caring for them.  <br><br>Prophet Muhammad also urged wealthy Muslims
to buy slaves from the Pagan Arabs and to let them free after that.  One of Prophet
Muhammad's best friends was a slave from Africa called Bilal Al-Habashi.  Bilal was
bought from his Pagan master by Abu Baker Al-Siddeek, one of Muhammad's best friends.
After Abu Baker bought Bilal, he set him free.<br><br>Islam as I mentioned in the
introduction came to fight slavery.  Allah Almighty ordered the Muslims to gradually
liberate slaves and to give them their freedom in many cases.<br><br>Let us look at
Noble Verse 4:92 "Never should a believer kill a believer; but (If it so happens) by
mistake, (Compensation is due): If one (so) kills a believer, it is ordained that he
should free a believing slave, and pay compensation to the deceased's family, unless
they remit it freely. If the deceased belonged to a people at war with you, and he was
a believer, the freeing of a believing slave (Is enough). If he belonged to a people
with whom ye have treaty of Mutual alliance, compensation should be paid to his
family, and a believing slave be freed. For those who find this beyond their means,
(is prescribed) a fast for two months running: by way of repentance to God: for God
hath all knowledge and all wisdom."  In this Noble Verse, we see that Allah Almighty
ordered to free a believing slave if a Muslim accidentally kills another Muslim.  This
Noble Verse came to encourage Muslims to liberate slaves.<br><br>Let us look at Noble
Verse 5:89 "God will not call you to account for what is futile in your oaths, but He
will call you to account for your deliberate oaths: for expiation, feed ten indigent
persons, on a scale of the average for the food of your families; or clothe them; or
give a slave his freedom. If that is beyond your means, fast for three days. That is
the expiation for the oaths ye have sworn. But keep to your oaths. Thus doth God make
clear to you His signs, that ye may be grateful."  This Noble Verse is also another
proof that Allah Almighty did encourage Muslims to liberate slaves.  <br><br>Let us
look at Noble Verse 58:3 "But those who divorce their wives by Zihar, then wish to go
back on the words they uttered, (It is ordained that such a one) should free a slave
before they touch each other: Thus are ye admonished to perform: and God is
well-acquainted with (all) that ye do."   This Noble Verse is another proof that Allah
Almighty did encourage Muslims to liberate slaves. <br><br>Narrated Abu Musa
Al-Ash'ari:  "The Prophet said, "Give food to the hungry, pay a visit to the sick and
release (set free) the one in captivity (by paying his ransom)."  (Translation of
Sahih Bukhari, Food, Meals, Volume 7, Book 65, Number 286)" <br><br>Narrated Asma: "No
doubt the Prophet ordered people to manumit slaves during the solar eclipse.
(Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Eclipses, Volume 2, Book 18, Number 163)"
Allah (may peace be upon him) as he was at ji'rana (a town near Mecca) on his way back
from Ta'if: Messenger of Allah, I had taken a vow during the days of Ignorance that I
would observe I'tikaf for one day in the Sacred Mosque. So what is your opinion? He
said: Go and observe I'tikaf for a day. And Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)
gave him a slave girl out of the one-fifth (of the spoils of war meant for the Holy
Prophet). And when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) set the war prisoners
free. 'Umar b. Khattab heard their voice as they were saying: Allah's Messenger (may
peace be upon him) has set us free. He (Hadrat 'Umar) sai
 d: What is this? They said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) has set free
the prisoners of war (which had fallen to the lot of people). Thereupon he (Hadrat
'Umar) said: Abdullah, go to that slave-girl and set her free.  (Translation of Sahih
free:<br><br>"Zadhan reported that Ibn Umar called his slave and he found the marks
(of beating) upon his back. He said to him: I have caused you pain. He said: No. But
he (Ibn Umar) said: You are free. He then took hold of something from the earth and
said: There is no reward for me even to the weight equal to it. I heard Allah's
Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who beats a slave without cognizable
offence of his or slaps him, then expiation for it is that he should set him free.
(Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Oaths (Kitab Al-Aiman), Book 015, Number
4079)" <br><br>"Abu Mas'ud reported that he had been beating his slave and he had been
saying: "I seek refuge with Allah, but he continued beating him, whereupon he said: I
seek refuge with Allah's Messenger, and he spared him. Thereupon Allah's Messenger
(may peace be upon him) said: By Allah, God has more dominance over you than you have
over him (the slave). He said that he set him free. This hadith has been narrated on
the authority of Shu'ba with the same chain of transmitters, but made no mention of
(these words) of his: I seek refuge with Allah, I seek refuge with Allah's Messenger
(may peace be upon him).  (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Oaths (Kitab
slaves:<br><br>Narrated Salamah ibn Sakhr al-Bayadi: "I was a man who was more given
than others to sexual intercourse with women. When the month of Ramadan came, I feared
lest I should have intercourse with my wife, and this evil should remain with me till
the morning. So I made my wife like my mother's back to me till the end of Ramadan.
But one night when she was waiting upon me, something of her was revealed. Suddenly I
jumped upon her. When the morning came I went to my people and informed them about
this matter.  I said: Go along with me to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him).
They said: No, by Allah. So I went to the Prophet (peace be upon him and informed him
of the matter.  He said: Have you really committed it, Salamah? I said: I committed it
twice, Apostle of Allah. I am content with the Commandment of Allah, the Exalted; so
take a decision about me according to what Allah has shown you.  He said: Free a
slave. I said: By Him Who sent you with truth, I do not possess a neck other<br> than
this: and I struck the surface of my neck.  He said: Then fast two consecutive months.
I said: Whatever I suffered is due to fasting.  He said: Feed sixty poor people with a
wasq of dates.  I said: By Him Who sent you with truth, we passed the night hungry;
there was no food in our house.  He said: Then go to the collector of sadaqah of Banu
Zurayq; he must give it to you. Then feed sixty poor people with a wasq of dates; and
you and your family eat the remaining dates. Then I came back to my people, and said
(to them): I found with you poverty and bad opinion; and I found with the Prophet
(peace_be_upon_him) prosperity and good opinion. He has commanded me to give alms to
you.  Ibn al-Ala' added: Ibn Idris said: Bayadah is a sub-clan of Banu Zurayq.
(Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Divorce (Kitab Al-Talaq), Book 12, Number
2207)"<br><br>Narrated Khuwaylah, daughter of Malik ibn Tha'labah: "My husband, Aws
ibn as-Samit, pronounced the words: You are like my mother. So I came to the Apostle
of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), complaining to him about my husband.  The Apostle of
Allah (peace_be_upon_him) disputed with me and said: Remain dutiful to Allah; he is
your cousin.  I continued (complaining) until the Qur'anic verse came down: "Allah
hath heard the words of her who disputeth with thee concerning her hus
 band...." till the prescription of expiation.  He then said: He should set free a
slave. She said: He cannot afford it. He said: He should fast for two consecutive
months. She said: Apostle of Allah, he is an old man; he cannot keep fasts. He said:
He should feed sixty poor people. She said: He has nothing which he may give in alms.
At that moment an araq (i.e. date-basket holding fifteen or sixteen sa's) was brought
to him.  I said: I shall help him with another date-basked ('araq). He said: You have
done well. Go<br> and feed sixty poor people on his behalf, and return to your cousin.
The narrator said: An araq holds sixty sa's of dates.  (Translation of Sunan
Abu-Dawud, Divorce (Kitab Al-Talaq), Book 12, Number 2208)"<br><br>There are a lot
more Noble Verses from the Noble Quran and Sayings from our beloved Prophet Muhammad
peace be upon him that push for freeing of slaves.  The Islamic attitude toward slaves
is very clear and straight forward:  All slaves are eventually to be freed!  And they
were all freed during the times of Islam from the Judeo-Christian and Pagan
owner?<br><br>The Noble Quran not only allows slaves to request their freedom from
their Muslim masters, but also orders the Muslim masters to pay the slaves money to
help them stand on their feet and to be able to face life with a good jump
start.<br><br>Let us look at Noble Verse 24:33 "Let those who find not the wherewithal
for marriage keep themselves chaste, until God gives them means out of His grace. And
if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom
for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them: yea, give them
something yourselves out of the means which God has given to you. But force not your
maids to prostitution when they desire chastity, in order that ye may make a gain in
the goods of this life. But if anyone compels them, yet, after such compulsion, is
God, Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to them),"  In this Noble Verse, we see that if a
slave requests his freedom from his Muslim master, then his master not only must help
him earn his freedom if there is good in the Slave, but also pay him money so the
slave can have a good start in his free life. <br><br>"The law of slavery in the legal
sense of the term is now obsolete.  While it had any meaning, Islam made the slave's
lot as easy as possible.  A slave, male or female, could ask for conditional
manumission by a written deed fixing the amount required for manumission and allowing
the slave meanwhile to earn money by lawful means and perhaps marry and bring up a
family.  Such a deed was not to be refused if the request was genuine and the slave
had character.  Not only that, but the master is directed to help with money out of
his own resources in order to enable the slave to earn his or her own liberty." [2]
Al-Ash'ari:  "The Prophet said, "Give food to the hungry, pay a visit to the sick and
release (set free) the one in captivity (by paying his ransom)."  (Translation of
Sahih Bukhari, Food, Meals, Volume 7, Book 65, Number 286)" <br><br>
and fought many bloody battles against the Arabs who believed in slavery and who
brutally enslaved many people.   Islam also sees the importance of liberating slaves,
and had helped to gradually liberate slaves until all of them were ultimately freed.
Islam allows for any slave to request from his Muslim owner his freedom, and orders
the Muslim owner to grant that slave his freedom and to pay him money on top of it to
Meaning of the Holy Qur'an.<br>Author:  Abdullah Yusuf Ali.<br>Published by:  Amana
Publications, 10710 Tucker Street, Suite B, Beltsville, Maryland 20705-2223
(HC). <br><br>2- The M
 eaning of the Holy Qur'an [1].  Foot note #2991, page 875. <br><br>Tetapi jika
seorang muslim memperbudak seorang yang sudah merdeka tentu saja dilarang bahkan
berdosa. <br> <br>Menarik bukan agama Islam ini  jika kita memahaminya lebih
beliau mempunyai banyak isteri. Tetapi, apakah pemilikan beliau pada zaman tsb adalah
up to date untuk zaman sekarang, dimana diperjuangkan emansipasi kaum wanita? Mengapa
diperlukan emansipasi untuk kaum wanita?<br><br>Sama halnya pada zaman Nabi,
perbudakan diperbolehkan. Apakah zaman sekarang perlu kita hidupkan kembali
CEST<br>> Till: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<br>> Ämne: [ppiindia] Re: Mengharamkan Poligami dan
pengamatan terhadap Al Quran tentang pelurusan Poligamy.<br>> <br>> diambil dari
salinan websiteku, Summary:<br>> <br>> Masih ada arti poligamy telah disalahgunakan
dan difitnah bahwa boleh <br>> memperistri cewek cewek cantik, padahal yang jelas dari
penjelasan Al <br>> quran adalah untuk membantu budak budak dalam kesejatheraan. <br>>
setelah kematian para lelaki kafir dalam ada niat umat <br>> umat kafir menyerang umat
umat beriman duluan (Baca sejarah Nabi <br>> Muhammad). Walaupun atas perintahNya,
Nabi Muhammad langsung <br>> mempersiapkan penyerangan pembelaan terhadap orang orang
kafir. Nabi <br>> Muhammad berpoligamy bertujuan membantu meringankan beban para <br>>
wanita. Poligamy hanya berlaku terhadap nenek, janda, pelacur, tidak <br>> cantik,
helpless wanita, wanita kafir. <br>> <br>> Dalam mengartikan poligamy untuk memerlukan
kesejatheraan dan <br>> keimanan akibat krisis ekonomi dan kafir. Ini tidak haram
semasa <br>> membantu helpless para wanita. Terkecuali mengancam wanita wanita <br>>
mandiri atau istri orang legal untuk menjadi budak agar dipoligamy, <br>> sesungguhnya
ini sangat haram. Bayangkin tulisan ayat ayat Al quran <br>> dalam bentuk budak. Allah
menghormati hal itu. Para helpless wanita <br>> diartikan memerlukan kesejatheraan dan
Muhammad memiliki istri yang sangat dicintai adalah Khadijah <br>> (jodoh) dan beranak
kandung sendiri. Walaupun berpoligamy dengan <br>> beberapa helpless istri untuk
menyejatherakan mereka. Tidak ada dari <br>> anak Muhammad dari poligamy melainkan ada
adalah anak Ibrahim tetapi <br>> akhirnya gugur di istri poligamy hasil hubungan.
Untuk memahami bila <br>> istri poligamy (bukan Khadijah) meminta keinginan
menenangkan jiwa <br>> dengan terhibur dengan punya anak, jadi dia meminta Nabi
Muhammad <br>> menghamilinya. Bukan hanya untuk seks. Jadi kita rasanya belajar <br>>
perlunya menghormati Jodoh dan artinya Poligamy. <br>> <br>> Berpoligamy pada
"helpless" wanita, ini dapat diartikan membantu <br>> helpless wanita bukan Jodoh
sebenarnya. Melainkan Jodoh perlu <br>> diartikan bahwa hati ke hati dalam kecocokan.
berterimakasih pada Nabi Muhammad, ingin bangga telah memiliki <br>> saudara spt Nabi
Muhammad bila menghadiahkan Aisha padanya. Menurut <br>> sejarah, Mereka tidak mau
Aisha bersuami non Islam. Dalam kesempatan <br>> Aisha dapat belajar Islam lebih
banyak juga. Bagaimana kemuliaanNya <br>> untuk kesayangan Nabi Muhammad dan anak
termuda Aisha sebagai <br>> menghibur jiwa Nabi Muhammad kalau tidak ada kaitan dgn
seks?. Tentu <br>> saja Nabi Muhammad memegang kenabian dan kerasulan inilah sangat
Allah bleesing us all, Allah yang Maha Perkasa lagi Maha Bijaksana<br>> In the name of
Alaikum
Bagaimana pendapat para Muslimah? Yang memperdebatkan polygami<br>> > hendaknya hanya
kaum Muslim, sebab dalam agama Kristen tak ada, jadi<br>> > mereka tak perlu
memperdebatkannya. Orang Buddha dan agama lainnya<br>> > mungkin juga tak ada
persoalan.<br>> > <br>> > Yang benar adalah, pelacuran, perzinahan dilarang. Ini
______________________________________________________________<br>> > <br>> >
Disclaimer :<br>> > This email and any file transmitted with it are confidential and
are<br>> > intended solely for the use of the individual or entity whom they <br>>
are<br>> > addressed, if you are not the original recipient, please delete it<br>> >
from your system. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are<br>> > those of
the author only.<br>> >
***************************************************************************<br>>
Berdikusi dg Santun & Elegan, dg Semangat Persahabatan. Menuju Indonesia yg Lebih
Baik, in Commonality & Shared Destiny. www.ppiindia.shyper.com<br>>
 dg Santun & Elegan, dg Semangat Persahabatan. Menuju Indonesia yg Lebih Baik, in
Commonality & Shared Destiny.
 Perhatian:<br><br>1. Harap tdk. memposting/reply yg menyinggung SARA (kecuali sbg
otokritik)<br>2. Pesan yg akan direply harap dihapus, kecuali yg akan
dikomentari.<br>3. Lihat arsip sebelumnya, www.ppi-india.da.ru; <br>4. Posting: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]<br>5. Satu email perhari: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<br>6. No-email/web only: [EMAIL
in real time. Download now.<br><br>[Non-text portions of this message have been
--------------------~--> <br>Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion
Toolbar.<br>Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for
free!<br>http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BRUplB/TM<br>--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

 dg Santun & Elegan, dg Semangat Persahabatan. Menuju Indonesia yg Lebih Baik, in
Commonality & Shared Destiny.
No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BRUplB/TM

Berdikusi dg Santun & Elegan, dg Semangat Persahabatan. Menuju Indonesia yg Lebih
Baik, in Commonality & Shared Destiny. www.ppiindia.shyper.com

3. Lihat arsip sebelumnya, www.ppi-india.da.ru;
4. Posting: [EMAIL PROTECTED]