On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 3:16 AM, Christian Schudt
<christian.sch...@gmx.de> wrote:
> If you are interested, in Java getting the character type (property) is even
> a bit slower, but it’s of course machine dependent:
>
> java.lang.Character.getType(codepoint) is constantly 39 ns/op on 300000000
> iterations on my machine, no matter if it’s an ascii or a fullwidth
> character. (Oracle JDK 8 SE).
> Java uses huge Unicode arrays internally to lookup the code point, I doubt
> that there’s much room for optimization and even if, probably nobody cares
> when saving a few nano seconds.

Thanks! I actually am really interested; I used to do a lot of work on
Conversations (Android XMPP client) and was the one who originally
wrote the JID class / stringprep stuff for it. I'm planning on
updating it to use your library at some point, and my work roster is
rather large (several thousand people) which makes things incredibly
slow with the current stringprep implementation; I'm hoping this will
be a lot faster!

Thanks again for all your hard work on this.

Best,
Sam

--
Sam Whited