On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 5:28 AM, Christian Schulz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure there was no announcement.

Sorry.  The v4 server died right at the start of my 4-week vacation.
Scott either had to put a massive effort into rebuilding the v4
server or move us to v5 before we were really ready.  He made a
command decision to put the effort into moving to v5 as that work
would have to be done someday anyway.

Expect a bumpy ride for a while.

>> And there are a lot of technical reasons why I don't
>> want to move to v25 mostly that it is far too aggressive on system
>> resources.
>
> I never tested v25 on my systems, but if it's much more aggressive
> than v24 it would definitely lead to retire from this project, which
> I'd regret.

v25 shouldn't be any more aggressive on system resources than v24.

>> Already seriously annoyed by the new "interactive" server generated reports
>> which are a lot less useful than the old complete text listings.

Reports will improve over time.

Thanks to all for your patience.