Christian Schulz pisze:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 02:12:10PM +0100, Wojciech Florek wrote:
>
>> On some AMD64 machines libcurl.so.3 is placed in /usr/lib64. 32-bit
>> version of mprime doesn't check in this directory (I supoose) and 64-bit
>> one, even if it goes to this directory, looks for libcurl.so.4 which is
>> absent. -:( I have no possibility to try moving or linking libcurl.so.3
>> from /usr/lib64 to /usr/lib.
>
> This won't work, as John already said.
>
> Of course you can get the libcurl sources, build the stuff on your own
> and place it in /usr/local/lib; this should be in the default
> LD_LIBRARYPATH anyway (if not, set the environment variable
> correctly). I might do this when I find some time for this. Generally,
> compiling a lib can be a pain (it doesn't need to be) since you might
> have to have very recent versions of other libs too...
>
> Christian

 > John Pierce wrote:
 > anything in lib64 is by definition 64bit code.   you can't call 64 bit
 > libraries froma  32bit application (or visa versa)

I know it won't work. I've wanted only to mention that I have
libcurl.so.3 in lib64 directory and this lib hasn't been seen by the
64-bit mprime. I've tried to make a trick suggested in this post:

 > Guillermo Ballester Valor wrote:
 >
 > Other user in mersenne forum told that they solved the problem doing
a > soft link from libcurl.so.3 to libcurl.so.4  !?

 >   ln -s libcurl.so.4 libcurl.so.3
 >
 > Frankly, I don't like this solution, but he said it works.

Even if I build libcurl from the sources it would be (almost) impossible
to put it in the appropriate directory, due to some regulations. Today
I've done the following steps:
   1. Create a directory $HOME/lib
   2. Add this directory to LD_LIBRAY_PATH
   3. Copy libcurl.so.3.0.0 to $HOME/lib
   4. Make a soft link
        ln -s libcurl.so.3.0.0 libcurl.so.4
Of course steps 3&4 can be replaced by one:
   3a.     ln -s /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.3.0.0 libcurl.so.4
           (in $HOME/lib directory)

It seems everything works.

Previously I've tried to use UseCURL=0 (described in undoc.txt), but
nevertheless at the start mprime has wanted access to libcurl.so.4.
When I added this option AFTER the above mentioned trick, mprime has
worked and has used HTTP protocol (I think). There have been two
differences (logged in the prime.log file):
   1. Note from the v5server starts with RECV not with RESPONSE, e.g.
           RECV: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
           RECV: pnErrorResult=0
           pnErrorDetail=SUCCESS

           RESPONSE: