George Woltman wrote:

> Assuming most readers are using version 25.7, these are the threads
> that might be of interest.  Read the first two posts which describe
> what is new in that version and bugs that have been found since
> release.
>
> Version 25.8:  http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=11132
> Version 25.9:  http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=11602

These are grand. Now, could you either post here when a new version
thread is started, or else dedicate a thread on the forum to announce
such new version threads?

Considering that some version changes are bug fixes, we might need to
hear about them quickly. A "pull" media like a web forum isn't a good
tool for such; a "push" medium of some sort is required to keep us all
up to date. Even version changes that provide speed improvements will
need a wee "push" if we are to take full advantage of your hard work.

Bruce A Metcalf
#S00012