On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:30 AM, George Woltman<wolt...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> What is the recommendation of the linux users?
> 1)  Release one executable or two?  (my preference is one
>     with curl linked staticly, all other libraries dynamic).

Good question, I would be ok with either way, my main problem was the
curl stuff.

> 2)  Do libraries other than curl need static linking?  The executable
>     currently links in "-lm -lpthread -lcurl -lstdc++ ".

I think every Linux distro has its own math library an pthreads
library.  If you are only going to offer 1 binary, I would leave those
as dynamic, but if you are going to offer 2 binaries, you should make
one of them fully static.

Jeff.