[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
From: Vince Teachout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Delete the "bob" row

BROWSE
* oops! we have NO "bob!"

INDEX on fname TO crap unique  && Let's rebuild the index - that will
fix it, right?
BROWSE
* oops! we have NO "bob!"

Unique = BAD

If you set order to 0 and browse, are all the bob's gone?  I would think
they should be.  And if so the Unique index worked as planed, in that it
considered all the values of bob in whole, lock stock and barrel.  What
you do to one you do to them all.
No, the non-deleted Bobs would still be there. IIRC, you have to actually pack the file and reindex to get Unique to do what you want. UNIQUE was one thing I did NOT miss when coming into VFP from Clipper!

Just like if you worked on an FKey column and deleted all orderItems
where orderID='bob'
Naw, you're consfusing Unique with something intelligent, like SQL.  :-)