On Jul 27, 2006, at 3:50 PM, Rodney Dixon wrote:

Can I check stuff in and out from within the project manager, or will it
have to be manual process?

There is no integration with the project manager. But remember, Subversion works the opposite of programs like VSS, which forces you to get exclusive access to a file before you can edit it. Subversion doesn't make you go through all that; it assumes that two developers won't be working on the same file at the same time. If conflicts do happen, it will merge the files if possible (assuming that they are text files), or mark the file as in conflict so that you can resolve it manually.

I use it for version control and as backup. It's transparent in everyday usage.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com