My 2-cents:

Document at a high level.
Example using UML Document your class interactions ( Maybe only a few public
method/properties ) and subclassing structures.  Document the important Use
Cases via the Use Case Diagram ( Stick people, Ovals and arrows. )   Finally if
data centric an ERD and Use an autodocumentor for any database tables. IMO the
pay back for this for even for a 1 person shoop is many, many times the effort

Automatic testing e.g. foxUnit, Nunit etc.  For middle tier work worth it
weight in gold!