Since I made the point vis a vis this movie about Bush's critics having Bush's assassination on their mind to a seriously unhealthy degree, two more incidents (at least) have occurred:

1. Ed Rendell (D) in PA made an analogy between the massacre of innocents in the Amish school and a determined presidential assassin, by way of deflecting calls to increase security at public schools. "If a killer is determined and willing to kill the President, 50 secret service agents can't stop him; he'll get a point-blank shot at the president". Something to that effect. he could have chosen dozens of other analogies. He chose that one.

2. John Kerry joked about killing George Bush on some tonight show. I heard the audio clip in passing while driving the other day, and got the impression it was intended to sound humorous but my point stands.

The issue from my perspective was and is the crazy obsession with hinting at, suggesting or otherwise positing Bush's assasination, going back to 2004, and the consistency with which this idea was coming up from critics, in particular Democrats. It isn't healthy, however you try to justify it by criminalizing policy differences.

The other point I made about the movie based on an article that supposedly described its "storyline" was the utterly absurd path it took in picturing the funeral, Cheney's reaction to it, Bush's mother's reaction to it, etc., all of which shows the critics can't imagine actual human beings in place of the caricatures they've molded in the public consciousness with their relentless attacks. Whatever potential it had as a what-if piece was exposed as so much hot air by what ends up being a political hit-piece on both the President and the Vice President. Which is in keeping with the Left's demonstrated commitment to "tolerance" and "diversity of opinion", as exemplified by numerous stalinist regimes murdering millions of people in the last century---a tradition some are apparently trying to revive in Russia lately, and which is still going strong in North Korea, China and other hell-holes of the world.

I never once advocated boycotting the movie, or otherwise censoring it; I was merely despairing of the observation that Bush's "loyal opposition" doesn't just want to defeat him politically. They want him dead. And they don't really understand him or what makes his supporters tick, outside of stupid cliches.

Now if that article was incorrect in its description -- if the movie does not quote Barbara Bush being crass at the funeral, or imagine a mad Dick Cheney making war on Cuba and mowing down protestors at Guantanamo, etc. -- then perhaps I would be interested in the movie as you describe it. But I frankly don't think it was necessary in any case to provide the "visual" of him being murdered---the point could have effectively been made and the situation posited without the stunningly real graphics. It's kind of like how Hollywood these days thinks you can't imagine two people having sex anymore, so they waste time depicting all the positions in sequence. Whatever realism it added to the movie wasn't worth it.

But even so, the point about the "theme" of Bush's fatal demise coming with such alarming frequency from Bush's critics is valid and the continuing trend is disturbing.

- Bob