My digital camera uses AVCHD Lite, a Lumix/Panasonic file format that
records in 720P.  I have uploaded AVCHD Lite videos to youtube and the
look great and allow the video to be streamed full screen and in either
360P, 480P, or 720P resolutions.  The full AVCHD file format goes up to
1080P and there are many digital camera and camcorders that use this
format.  It gaining in popularity.

#---------------------------
Excerpt:

The H.264 standard can be viewed as a "family of standards", the members
of which are the profiles described below. A specific decoder decodes at
least one, but not necessarily all profiles. The decoder specification
describes which of the profiles can be decoded.

AVCHD is a high-definition recording format designed by Sony and
Panasonic that uses H.264 (conforming to H.264 while adding additional
application-specific features and constraints).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC

#----------------------------------

My Lumix digital camera uses AVCHD Lite, a Sony/Panasonic file format
that records in 720P.  I have uploaded AVCHD Lite videos to youtube and
they look greatk, and allow the video to be streamed full screen and in
either 360P, 480P, or 720P resolutions.  The full AVCHD file format goes
up to 1080P and there are many digital camera and camcorders that use
this format.  Many of the cameras that use AVCHD also support recording
video in mpg and other more common file formats.

Regards,

LelandJ

>>> codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swf
>>> lash.ca b#version=9,0,115,0" width="600" height="338">
>>>      <param name="movie" value="01.swf">
>>>      <param name="quality" value="high">
>>>      <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
>>>      <param name="allowFullScreen" value="True" />
>>>      <embed src="01.swf" quality="high"
>>> pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer";
>>> type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="338"

>>> jhar...@hanoverpa.com