The .setparams method does work using the lcfile parameter in this way to
create the files:

                        lcfile = sys(5) +  "\foxdat\xfrx\" +  sys(2015)
                        LOXFRX = XFRX("XFRX#LISTENER")
                        lnretval =
LOXFRX.SETPARAMS(lcfile,"",.f.,"",.t.,.f.,"FDOC")
                        if lnretval = 0
                                report form (mreport) object LOXFRX
                                messagebox("The report has been created and
is located in " + lcfile,64,"Notice")
                        else
                                ? lnretval
                        Endif

The value of the File Name textbox is a different animal, so I need to do
some more work to figure it out.

Another option is to train the users to use the ellipsis button to navigate
to a folder other than the working folder and rename the file from "Output"
to something more sensible.

James E Harvey
Corresponding Officer/M.I.S.
Hanover Shoe Farms, Inc.