On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Kevin Cully
<kcu...@cullytechnologies.com> wrote:

> I don't know if the results of this article are true or not, but here's
> what I found when Googling:
> http://www.websiteoptimization.com/speed/tweak/lowercase/

Single percentage point performance differences may not be all that
noticeable. I 'unlearnt' the HTML4 EVERYTHING IN CAPITAL LETTERS when
trying to code XHTML 1.x before switching to HTML5 and I find it more
pleasant to read.

You can also check the standard, available online at no charge:

"In XHTML, tag names are case sensitive and are usually defined to be
written in lowercase. In HTML, however, tag names are case insensitive
and may be written in all uppercase or mixed case, although the most
common convention is to stick with lowercase. The case of the start
and end tags do not have to be the same, but being consistent does
make the code look cleaner."

Cite: http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/#elements

Note that the header of Forsyth Archery's WordPress site says the page
is XHMTL 1.0 Strict, which means that lowercase tags are required.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC