On 02/10/12 01:17, AndyD wrote:
> I assume this is some sort of time-stamp stored in a dbf so how are you
> suggesting the UTC is saved? (DateTime does not recognise time zone or
> milliseconds according to Help! )
> AndyD 8-)₹

No, the UTC (Universal Time, Coordinated) is just a date or date/time
field that happens to contain the UTC/GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)
date/time the event occurred.  That means you have to convert it from
your local time.  Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any VFP function that
will tell you what time zone you're in, although I think the OS does
know that.  (Don't forget Daylight Saving, either!)

Anyway, the point is that you convert all DateTimes to Greenwich
DateTimes BEFORE you save them, so that when you use/display/print them
you know what you're dealing with.

Dan